THIS USER´S GUIDE HAS A FORM OF SHORT VIDEOS INTENTED TO PRESENT FUNCTIONS AVAILABLE WITH THIS PLAYER AND TO DEMONSTRATE ITS EASY CONTROL.
The features that make handyMP3player unique are the special functions called the pocket control mode and the selection loop. These functions will make your smart phone a powerful tool for mastering a foreign language. The description of these functions is highlighted on this web page.
The Play key features not only basic functions including the repeat function and the function of shuffle playback, but also a very useful function called the sleep mode. This option will enable you to set up time to be elapsed before the player switches off automatically. You may find this function useful if you also use the player at bedtime.
- Gradual playback
- Repeated playback
- Shuffle playback
- Sleep function
- Volume control
The Pocket Mode
The pocket control key is very useful for listening to texts in foreign languages when travelling. Do you like learning a language on your way to work, school or when doing a sport? Then you will surely appreciate the pocket control function, which allows you to pause the recording in your pocket in order to repeat the text after the recording or to answer a question asked in the recording. This function also enables you to rewind or forward the track a few seconds if you didn´t understand the recording when hearing it for the first time. And you will manage all this without the need to take your mobile out of your pocket. No looking at the screen required!
The control is very easy:
- A double tap on the display screen pauses or plays a track.
- Swiping on the touch screen activates the rewinding and forwarding of the tracks. During the swiping event, the phone slightly vibrates allowing you to have the rewinding under control. The rewinding can be stopped by simply touching the screen. The same method is used to skip to a previous or following track.
In the pocket mode preferences section, you can pre-set a lock to prevent unwanted rewinding caused by accidentally touching and swiping the screen by the inside of your pocket.
In order to make the pocket mode work really well, it is necessary to have the screen rotation lock turned off. However, if you are used to placing your phone upside down in your pocket in order to connect the headphones, and you still need to keep the same orientation of the controls (i.e. forwarding = to the right, rewinding = to the left), select the “screen rotation” function in the preferences menu. The screen will rotate by 180 degrees and the orientation of the controls will remain the same.
The Info Key
The Info key displays the mp3 tag information.
The Current Playlist
The Current Playlist key is used for quick selection from among songs and for sorting tracks on the playlist. Do you need to edit your playlist? Just use this key to switch over to the Music Manager which allows you to easily change the order of tracks on the playlist or delete selected tracks.
- Edit the playlist
- Sort by title
- Sort by album
- Sort by artist
- Sort by filename
The 10 sec. back
Didn't you understand one word? No complicated rewind, just one touch of a rewind button to move back about 10 seconds. Function is also available for control from his pocket. ne touch rewind back about 10 seconds, long touch activates the standard „rewinding“. Same controls works for forwarding. Function is also available for the Pocket mode function.
The Selection Loop
The Selection Loop key allows you to select a section from the song. No matter how long the selection is, you can replay it over and over again. Didn´t you understand a dialogue or would you like to memorize a part of a text? Just use the easy setup to re-listen to the selected section. Selected audio sections can be saved.
The Quick Selection Tool
Do you prefer selection by the track, the artist, album or the filename? The Quick Selection key enables you to set one of these events as a default event.
- The artist
- The album
- The song
- The file
- The playlist editor
The Music Manager
The Music Manager key is the tool for adding tracks to playlist. Just single tap to add an album or a music folder. When adding tracks, you can control the final order of the tracks on the playlist. The Music Manager also allows you to edit and rename playlists. It is also easy to delete songs from a playlist or to change the order of their playback.
- Play all
- Save as playlist
Make your Handy MP3 Player user-friendly!
- In the Pocket Mode, the Screen lock will prevent your player from undesired rewinding/forwarding resulting from the phone display rubbing against the inside of the pocket while walking.
- You will appreciate the Reverse Screen Control if you use your phone ‘upside down’ when carrying it in a pocket (e.g. because of the headphone socket placement). This setting will reverse the screen control by 180°, while the control logic remains unchanged (fast forward = right, rewind = left).
- Automated Playlist Generator. With this setting active, you only need to select items in the Music Manager and tap the Play key to save the selected items as a new playlist. Any time later, this playlist may be renamed, deleted, or moved to another position within the list of playlists.
- Remembering the current position in the song. Do you need to interrupt listening to the current recording to listen to another one and then return to the place in the previous recording where you stopped listening? By activating this setting, the song will start playing exactly from the place where you stopped listening the last time, sparing you from time-consuming searching.
- Selecting Continue playback after hanging up will automatically start playing the song from the place where it was interrupted by an incoming call.